Talisay City Sports Commission
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. ~ 5:00 p.m.
Lower Ground Floor
Talisay City Hall
Tel. No. (032) 2532589
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Talisay City Sports Commission promotes physical education, encourages and sustains the development of sports in the city to foster physical fitness, self discipline, teamwork and excellence for the development of a healthy and alert citizenry. The city is committed to develop young Talisaynon in various sporting events.
• The office conducts sports clinics such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, lawn tennis, table tennis, karatedo, boxing, swimming, soccer and performing arts such as modern dance, guitar, voice and arts lessons.
• Implement sports programs during the Mayor’s Cup in September and October, American landing celebration in March.
• Assist sports program during the Civil Service Month and other sports activities.
• Provide financial assistance to individuals for National and International Competitions.
• Provide cash incentives to the sports medallists of the regional, national and international competitions sanction by the Philippine Sports Commission.
• Participate in Governor’s Cup, Gullas Cup and other government sports competition.
On going activities:
1. Mayor’s Cup Inter-barangay Basketball Tournament. There are 4 division namely:
a. Developmental Division (16 y.o. & under) – 16 teams;
b. Juniors Division (20 y.o. & under) – 21 teams;
c. Seniors Division (30 & under) – 22 teams; and
d. Open Division (with 2 import players) – 7 teams.
Its opening ceremony was held last September 3, 2022 in Talisay City Sports Complex with the participation of the 22 barangays of the city. The games started on September 3 and its championship games will be on October 1 for developmental and Juniors Divisions, October 2 for Seniors division and October 3 for Open division.
2. Mayor’s Cup 2022 Inter-barangay Volleyball Tournament for Men’s and Women’s Divisions. Its games started last September 10 and will end on October 4, 2022.
OTHER MAYOR’S CUP SPORTS AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS:
1. Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Chess, Soccer, Futsal, Skimboarding, Skateboarding, Cycling, Zumba at the Park and Shootfest. Details will be posted soon.